Instructional video explaining step by step how to install a ribber for Japanese made knitting machines. If you are a beginner machine knitter and installation of a ribber with your knitting machine looks like a nightmare to you, we’ve got you covered. Follow these simple instructions and become a ribber pro in no time.
- Here are the bullet points for this video:
- Prepare the main bed by replacing the flat clamps for a ribber s-clamps.
- Attach L and R ribber set-in plates to the appropriate side of the knitter. Hand tighten first, then use a spanner.
- Holding the ribber in the middle carefully push in ribber brackets into the set-in plates all the way.
- Slide the bottom rail of the carriage over one side of the ribber toward the center and let the carriage rest on the needles while performing the next step.
- Attach a sinker plate to the knitting machine and secure it with KH bolts.
- Join the main bed and the ribber knitting carriages together.
- Install the ribber racking handle and check the result while turning the handle to the left or the right. If installed correctly, your new ribber should move accordingly to the turning of the handle.
Enjoy your ribber and have many hours of happy knitting!